1960s Lingerie ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Wednesday, July 30

1960s Lingerie

We had a little lapse in our 'lingerie through the decades' series, but we're back with styles from the 1960s. During the 60s we see more experimentation with color (of course there's more color advertising at this point), and we still see those bullet bras!
Perhaps one of the more aggressive lingerie advertisers of the time was Maidenform, which claimed success with its "I dreamed I ... in my Maidenform bra" campaign.
Perhaps our favorite lingerie images from the 60s come from artist Rene Gruau who famously created beautiful advertisements for Christian Dior Lingerie (among other things!). His ads would look great framed in your boudoir - we did just that with the Gruau image below!

5 fabulous comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, this is Susan from Monterrey, and I love your fashion site. You know last year I also had a shopping site and I was also interested in getting sales and increasing my website revenue, this is kind of off the subject, but I just came across a company called Hot Search Marketing on a different blog: http://rateyourinternetmarketing.blogspot.com.

Have you heard about them? They're supposed to offer free seo and ppc management services and only charge for leads. I think this is awesome, and if it's true, I think you should check out their site at: http://www.hothelpsyousell.com.

Anyway, keep up the good writing and if you do try them out, shoot me an email or just write a post review about them.

I'll be coming back to your blog

Cheers!

Anastasia said...

these illustrations are just wonderful!! so glam...

birdy b said...

These are beautiful!! Love them.

Always In Style said...

What a great post - I adore vintage advertisements.

Decor To Adore said...

I love these images. I would so hang them in a powder or dressing room.